We are working with one of the world’s leading open-source software vendors who are going through an exciting period of growth! On the next step of their adventure, they are looking for an experienced Application Security Architect to join their growing team in London, UK.
Our client creates solutions for the likes of Nasa and Cisco, to name a few... and are regarded as pioneers within the open-source community for creating cutting edge software.
We need someone who is passionate about software security and comes from a Developer/Engineering background. This is a great opportunity to become an influential figure within a growing software company.
Your mission as an Application Security Architect...
- All software engineers and test engineers working on our client's products and services understand how to create secure software and how to identify insecure software.
- All software is designed to be secure and is subjected to rigorous security testing.
- There are up-to-date threat models of all our client's products and services.
- The security controls in our client's products and services are fit for purpose given the defined threat models.
- There is up-to-date documentation of all security controls used in all products and services.
- All tooling used in the creation of software products and services is secure.
- All tooling used to verify the security of our client's products and services is fit for purpose and used consistently.
- There is a vibrant community around security best practices
- Vulnerabilities discovered in externally-sourced software used products and services are assessed promptly and assigned for fixing as needed.
The experience we are looking for...
- Experience with progressive security architecture experience; preferably within a professional services firm or similar environment working with startups and large security mature companies.
- Application security experience designing, building or testing web and API-based architectures
- Experience working with stakeholders across many functions.
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities, attacker exploit techniques, and methods for remediation of such.
- Capacity and tolerance for extreme context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and able to provide effective, safe guidance.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Prior working experience in or with a Software Development Team.
- Demonstrated experience in areas such as system security, network, and/or application security experience.
- Understanding of best practices in one or more security engineering specialties: secure development, cryptography, network security, security operations, systems security, policy, and incident response.
- Experience developing and interpreting security compliance standards and guidance.
- Scripting skills (e.g., Python, C, C++, Java, Ruby, or PowerShell)
Ready to apply?!
If you are reading this advert and are thinking ‘That’s me!’, then why are you still reading?!