Application 3rd Line Support
£400-450 per day
Our client a solution provider is looking for a 3rd Line Support Engineer to join their team on a contract basis.
The main element of this role is being able to cover out of hours on call rota.
- Outside of core office hours:
- Responding to customer critical incidents and application alerts
- Communicating incident resolution activity in the form of progress and update reports
- Resolving P1 platform issues, which may include, but are not limited to, restarting hung services, investigating Database errors, resending failed messages by running data update commands, restoring corrupt databases.
- Responding to system generated alerting, including the utilisation of a range of investigation and resolution activities
- Root cause analysis where appropriate:
- Reviewing system log files
- Understanding and searching SQL code (or other tools as appropriate)
- Analysis of data within Excel (or other tools as appropriate)
- Responsible for updating customer communications and documentation:
- Emails, Change log, Incident log, Tickets
- Work requests and Internal team processes
- Responsible for reducing technical debt:
- Bug fixing and T-SQL improvements
- Enhancing internal support tools
- Improving application and platform monitoring
- Writing new T-SQL procedures to improve system stability
- Additional tasks deemed necessary for the success of our business
- Good understanding of relational databases and application protocols
- Application experience:
- SQL Server & Data analysis
- Database back up and restoration
- T-SQL and Windows services
- Web services and API
- Knowledge using using multiple operating systems (Windows 2008 server, 2012 server, Windows 7 & 8 etc)
- Azure would be an advantage
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please send your most up to date CV.