Application Support Analyst
Technical Support Analyst required for a leading global service provider. This is a permanent opportunity to join a growing organisation and join a flexible mature organisation.
You will be working as part of a highly important critical team, to deliver exceptional technical support to a customer base.
The team has responsibility for all technical post sales activity at both 1st and 2nd line level, supporting 300+ customers, across multiple platforms and platform versions.
All customer activity is SLA based, to ensure continuity of service is always provided .
You will be supporting with trend analysis and proactive continual improvement of the Support function.
Key skills and experience include:
- Good working knowledge of web/internet applications and their structure
- Technical understanding of relational databases and application protocols
- Evidenced experience of conducting business analysis activity
- Technical and system documentation
- Technical application experience (Eg. SQL Server/T-SQL)
- Technical skills using multiple operating systems (Eg, Windows 2008 server, 2012 server, Windows 7 & 8 etc)
- Responding to customer queries (calls, emails, work requests) and then logging and taking action, accordingly, including prioritisation and compliance with customer SLA’s
- Responding to system generated alerting, including the utilisation of a range of investigation and resolution activities
- Triage of incidents and intelligent escalation where appropriate
- Root cause analysis where appropriate, Eg:
- Reviewing system log files / Understanding and searching SQL code (or other tools as appropriate) / Analysis of data within Excel (or other tools as appropriate)
- Updating customer communications and documentation, Eg:
- Emails / Change log / Incident log / Tickets / Work requests / Internal team processes
- Administrative activities for provisioning and support customer environments, Eg:
- Create new customer web ports or network level data connections / Regression testing of new implementations and changes / Changing message routing o Custom reports / Maintaining customer & supplier information
Cover the on-call rota as required our services are 24x7x365 (normal pattern is 2 days in 8, but this may vary when there is a need for additional cover) This all remote support – no need to go in to the office whilst on call .