Bracknell or London
The Product Support team is the first point of contact for our client’s customers. They field and triage all customer requests. This includes working directly with the customer to troubleshoot, document enhancements and answer a wide variety of technical questions.
They communicate best practices and work cross-functionally with QA, Engineering, Professional Services and sales teams to help each customer achieve maximum value from our client’s services.
The right candidate for this position enjoys providing support to other IT professionals in a fast-paced environment with lots of technical variety. You will also develop strong skills within Big Data and cutting-edge technologies.
- Professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, or developing data-driven applications connected to relational databases, XML sources, web services, flat file, and big data driven backend system.
- Hands-on experience on one of the following core technologies including:
- Web development tools: Java, JSP, XML, HTML, JDBC/JNDI
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Solaris
- Application servers: Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic
- Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, BigData
- Client-side technologies: Javascrip
- Excellent analytical, debugging and problem-solving skill
- Ability to systematically assess and accurately diagnose software-related problems (both individually and within a team setting
- Prior experience (5+ years) installing, administering and maintaining computer systems and applications in an enterprise IT environmen
- B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited university
- Experience deploying Business Intelligence (BI) related software and/or building reports within BI related software is a big plus
- Familiarity with Cloudera, Hadoop & MapReduce technologies, Amazon Web Services & other data housing technologies