Big Data Software Engineer – Data & Analytics Services - Permanent
Salary guideline: £40,000 - £60,000 pa (DOE) + Benefits, pension up to 6% contributory, Health Insurance, Life Assurance etc.
Base Location: Telford
*Multiple vacancies available – the client is looking to hire 2 or 3 asap*
Our client is a global leader in Systems Integration and IT Consultancy. They have built out a super advanced and respected industry wide Data Analytics Practice. The Data Engineering, Architecture and Platform practice is part of global Insights & Data group; their goal is to help the organisations they work with become truly ‘insight driven’, to fully exploit their data using the convergence of Cloud and Artificial Intelligence to deliver real business value. Their objective is to marry the most innovative insights solutions with rock solid, industrialised engineering.
We are looking for multiple Junior to mid-weight level Big Data Engineers. The focus of your role is the design, development, testing and support of data and analytics software solutions. The role falls within the “Data and Analytics” Team in the Digital Delivery Centre. The group provides a wide range of data and analytics solutions in support of the client's business priorities: maximise revenues and improve and transform digital data systems. You’ll work primarily with product owner, scrum master, solutions architects, software architects and fellow software engineers, though there will be client and key stakeholder interaction as required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 2 + years experience as a software engineer delivering within large scale and complex ‘big data’ and data analytics solutions.
- Technical expertise and commercial experience in several of the following key technologies: Cloudera-Hadoop ecosystem; HiveQL, HTML, SSL, HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Impala, Splunk, Spark, Flume, Kafka, Pentaho DI, Pentaho BA
- Ability to operate at all stages of the software engineering lifecycle
- Experience of Agile Scrum based delivery - Work as part of an Agile software delivery team; typically delivering within an Agile Scrum framework.
- You will work on the full range of software engineering and solutions development activity; covering requirements gathering and analysis, solutions design, software coding and development, testing, implementation and live support.
- You will contribute to the software engineering communities by providing your ideas for innovation and process improvement and coaching and mentoring
To apply please click the “Apply” button and follow the instructions. For a further discussion, please contact James Money - 01628 564327
83zero Consulting Limited is a boutique consultancy specialising in Data Science ML, AI, Big Data | Agile Software Development | Project Management within the UK. We provide high quality interim and permanent senior IT professionals.