Business Analyst (Junior/ Mid-weight Level) - London – Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £48,000 (D.O.E) pa + Benefits
Location: City of London
Our client, a prestigious and highly reputable Insurance and Reinsurance software provider based in the City of London, is looking for a client facing Junior to Mid-weight Business Analysts with software house/vendor and systems integration experience to join the growing and highly elite consulting team in their Reinsurance Practice. This client is a leading insurance technology business, providing best in class solutions to carriers, brokers, and MGAs.
This new product is one of their newer web-based applications, that administers the operations for a ceded reinsurance team, within an insurance carrier, operating within the London Insurance Market. With the backing of their holding company - the product has an exciting roadmap planned!
The core focus is to play an early/mid-level business analyst role, supporting a Lead Business Analyst in delivery and roadmap projects.
- The successful candidate will play a key role in taking the product from MVP stage through a series of new development stages, partnering with customers along the way
- You will work within a specialist team of circa 20 - across London, and sites in Europe
- Whilst this is a supporting BA role to the Lead Analyst, they are looking for someone who will take initiative and be comfortable engaging with customers, communicating well to develop a strong partnership of process
- This is a customer-facing role ,working in an Agile/Scrum environment, with the challenges associated with working with an evolving software product
Essential skills and experience:
- 3-4 years’ experience working within a software product team, as a business (systems) analyst, in the delivery of complex software to external customers.
- Full lifecycle (SDLC) delivery experience - from requirements analysis and functional documentation stage, implementation of configuration changes, QA testing and review to go live stage
- SQL skills
- Experience in TFS or a similar Agile PM tool (Rally)
- Basic knowledge of API's, JSON would be optional and advantageous
- Business analysis and requirements gathering experience
- Degree educated, ideally within STEM subjects(Science, Technology, Economics, Maths) good mathematical
- Tertiary qualification in support of a career in software development and business analysis-Demonstrable experience and certifications of various delivery methods - Prince 2 / PMP /
- Understanding and experience of Agile methodologies or Agile certifications
- Insurance sector experience/ knowledge, specifically ceded Reinsurance process.