Data Platform Engineer
Insight & Data Services - Permanent
Salary guideline: £40,000 - £75,000 pa (DOE) + Benefits, pension up to 6% contributory, Health Insurance, Life Assurance etc.
Base Location: London – UK wide
Our client is a global leader in Systems Integration and IT Consultancy. They have built out a super advanced and respected industry wide Insights & Data Practise, which is currently working with the biggest companies across multiple sectors, including, Banking, Energy & Utilities, Fashion, Retail, CPG, Manufacturing, Automotive and Public Sector. They are engaged on the biggest and most cutting edge Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics enterprise scale programmes.
They don’t really have a typical day or typical project my client. Their clients expect advice, proof-of-values, industrialised solutions; they work on small and very large engagements across several different sectors, including public, CPG, retail, manufacturing and utilities. If you aren’t on a project, you could instead be involved in a bid, doing some training, working on a point-of-view, building a demo or contributing to their blog series.
In recent months, they have done some pretty cool stuff, like used Tensor Flow in a model looking at acoustics of voice recordings, used ESA radar data to classify UK vegetation and massive scale Spark for image processing at an O&G client.
- AWS (e.g Athena, Redshift, Glue, EMR)
- Google Cloud Platform
- IBM Cloud
- Python, Spark, SQL
- Experience of developing enterprise grade ETL/data pipelines with tools like Informatica and Talend
- Software engineering practices (coding practices to DS, unit testing, version control, code review)
- Hadoop (especially the Cloudera and Hortonworks distributions), other NoSQL (especially Neo4j and Elastic), and streaming technologies (especially Spark Streaming)
- Deep understanding of data manipulation/wrangling techniques
- Experience using development and deployment technologies, for instance virtualisation and management (e.g. Vagrant, Virtualbox), continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Concourse, Drone, Bamboo), configuration management tooling (e.g. Ansible) and containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Experience building and deploying solutions to Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) including Cloud provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform)
- Ability to translate business requirements into plausible technical solutions for articulation to other development staff.
- Experience designing analytics deliveries, planning projects and/or leading teams
To apply please click the “Apply” button and follow the instructions. For a further discussion, please contact Jordan Ford on (phone number removed).
83zero Consulting Limited is a boutique consultancy specialising in Data Science ML, AI, Big Data | Agile Software Development | Project Management within the UK. We provide high quality interim and permanent senior IT professionals.