Senior Data Scientist - Market Research and Big Data – 4-6 month Contract – Nuremberg
£700 - £900 per day DOE
Our global client based in Nuremberg, is running a large data processing system to obtain market research insights from Point of Sales (POS) data provided by their retail clients. An important first step to processes this data is to match the retailers' descriptions of sold items to the way such items are described in the client’s master data set or to create new records for so far unknown items. This project is about reducing the manual efforts when performing these processes by utilizing Machine Learning technologies in a combined Cloud / on premise environment.
- Design and develop analytical approaches based on product concepts, going all the way from feasibility checks to proof-of-concepts to prototypes to implementation in end-to-end solutions
- Closely collaborate with machine learning engineers/software engineers on creating data-driven end-to-end solutions for marketers
- Actively share Data Science knowledge within the team and be a true TEAM PLAYER.
- Expert knowledge of Python and the Python data science stack (e.g. SciKit-learn, numPy, pandas, Jupyter)
- Expert knowledge of optimization and / or machine learning algorithms and / or deep learning algorithms especially for working with textual data
- Expert skills with regard to database handling, in particular SQL, NoSQL
- Solid skills/experience in building production level REST services that use machine learning
- Solid skills in basic software development tooling (e.g., versioning via git)
- Basic knowledge of AWS esp. Sagemaker
- Ability to translate and clearly communicate sophisticated analytical information to none-expert stakeholders and clients
- Ability to fluidly communicate in an English business environment
- PhD or Master degree that reflects strong modelling, statistics and IT skills.
- Typically, 5+ years of work experience
- Master degree that reflects strong modelling, statistics and IT skills, PhD welcome but not required
- 3+ years of professional experience in quantitative data analysis/data science or related areas
To apply please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. For a further discussion, please contact James Money.
83zero Consulting Limited is a boutique consultancy specialising in Data Science | Change | Agile Transition within the UK. We provide high quality interim and permanent senior IT professionals.