(Python OR PySpark OR "Big Data" OR "Cloudera Hadoop" OR "Hortonworks Data Platform" OR "AWS EMR" OR "Map Reduce" OR Hive OR Hadoop OR "Spark MLlib" OR H2O OR Tensorflow OR Torch OR Theano OR "Performance Optimization" OR Scalability OR Parallelization)
Senior Data Scientist - Banking - 12 Month Contract
Contract £500 - £600 p/day
Our client, a Consultancy in the City, are working with a Global tier 1 Bank who are about to embark on a huge Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI) project.
As a Data Scientist, you will be part of a cross-functional development team in an Agile environment, working hands-on with machine learning engineers, developers and client solution experts on delivering their end-2-end analytic solutions. The role involves being responsible for the entire life-cycle of the data-driven products. It will be your responsibility to translate the product vision into data / analytic / algorithmic requirements, to conduct PoCs and to build prototypes, and at a later stage to work on high-performance implementations.
- Design and develop analytical approaches based on product concepts, going all the way from feasibility checks to proof-of-concepts to prototypes to implementation in end-to-end solutions.
- Closely collaborate with machine learning engineers/ software engineers on creating data-driven end-to-end solutions.
- Present Data Science capabilities in client-facing situations, at conferences and in workshops.
- Actively share Data Science knowledge within the client's Technology and Data network.
- Working in a Agile environment.
- Expert knowledge of Python programming, including pySpark.
- Solid skills with regard to working in Big Data environments (e.g., Cloudera Hadoop, Hortonworks Data Platform, AWS EMR, Map/Reduce, Hive).
- Expert knowledge of the constantly evolving Data Science ecosystem and its frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark MLlib, H2O, TensorFlow, Torch, Theano).
- Basic skills with regard to performance optimization and scalability (e.g. parallelization, code optimization, containerization, function as a service)
- Experience in working with relational and non-relational databases, including SQL.
- Strong statistical modelling skills / knowledge on predictive analytics would be a plus.
- Expert knowledge of optimization and / or machine learning algorithms and / or deep learning algorithms.
To apply please click the “Apply” button and follow the instructions. For a further discussion, please contact James Money on 01628 564327.
83zero Consulting Limited is a boutique consultancy specialising in Data Science | Change | Agile Transition within the UK. We provide high quality interim and permanent senior IT professionals.