Senior Data Scientist - Market Research and Big Data - 12 month Contract – London
Our global client based in Central London are looking to extend their Global Data Science Team by building a new team in their London HQ in Canary Wharf. This new team will sit within the Technology & Data business unit, who are responsible for the entire life cycle of the data-driven products and the division Global Data Science is an essential part of it. Our Client develops its offerings with an agile mindset, which requires you to actively contribute to all phases of the solution development. It will be your responsibility to translate the product vision into data/analytic/algorithmic requirements, to conduct PoCs and to build prototypes, and at a later stage to work on high-performance implementations.
- Design and develop analytical approaches based on product concepts, going all the way from feasibility checks to proof-of-concepts to prototypes to implementation in end-to-end solutions
- Closely collaborate with machine learning engineers/software engineers on creating data-driven end-to-end solutions for marketers
- Actively share Data Science knowledge within the team and be a true TEAM PLAYER.
- Expert knowledge of Python programming, including pySpark
- Strong statistical modelling skills/knowledge on predictive analytics would be a plus
- Expert knowledge of optimization and/or machine learning algorithms and/or deep learning algorithms
- Solid skills with regard to working in Big Data environments (eg, Cloudera Hadoop, Hortonworks Data Platform, AWS EMR, Map/Reduce, Hive)
- Advanced knowledge of the constantly evolving Data Science ecosystem and its frameworks (eg, Hadoop, Spark MLlib, H2O, Tensorflow, Torch, Theano)
- Basic skills with regard to performance optimisation and scalability (eg, parallelization, code optimization, containerization, function as a service)
- Experience in working with relational and non-relational databases, including SQL
- Master degree that reflects strong modelling, statistics and IT skills, PhD welcome but not required
- 2+ years of professional experience in quantitative data analysis/data science or related areas
To apply please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. For a further discussion, please contact James Money.
83zero Consulting Limited is a boutique consultancy specialising in Data Science | Change | Agile Transition within the UK. We provide high quality interim and permanent senior IT professionals.