We are working with an exciting start-up software vendor who specialises in archiving and data management based solutions.
Due to the demand for their product and services, they are now looking for a DevOps Engineer to join them on the next stage of their adventure, based in Reading!
This is an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to have a major part and influence of our client’s way of working and product to shape the future of their business!
Your mission as a DevOps Engineer…
- Automating and orchestrating the deployment with Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) techniques
- Build and configure container technologies for Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
- Help drive Security Practices in all implementations
- Build a great working relationship with team members and the application development teams
- Develop and mentor junior team members
- Troubleshoot production issues
- You are a DevOps enthusiast and have automation running through your veins!
- Experience with CI/CD processes and techniques
- Strong experience using Docker, and if you have any experience with Kubernetes that would be a huge plus!
- Experience working with either AWS or Google Cloud Platforms
- Experience working with Linux CentOS
- Experience using automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible or Jenkins
- Experience using monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana or ELK stack
Desirable, but not essential:
- Exposure or an understanding of authentication protocols such as SAML or Oauth
- Knowledge of scripting and Git (Python & Bash scripts)
- An understanding of authentication protocols such as Oauth and SAML
- Any experience with Open Source, large data storage applications such as Gluster, Ceph, and/or minIO
- Working knowledge of NoSQL and Relational databases technologies such as MongoDB and PostgreSQL
Ready to apply?
If you are reading this job spec and am thinking ‘That sounds like me!’, then why are you still reading?!