DevOps Engineer - London - Permanent
£55,000 - £60,000 pa + 10% Bonus + Car £5,300 benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the leading Global IT Consultancies / System Integrators. Our Client is growing their Cloud Infrastructure and Development team and are looking for a DevOps Engineers who will assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of platforms. You will need excellent stakeholder management skills as you will be part of core engineering team to help deliver highly available platform for software solutions.
The successful candidate will play a leading role in devising and implementing a modern approach to software engineering that enables continuous delivery and releases features on-demand.
- Build and maintain the right cloud infrastructure, balancing performance and resilience with cost.
- Creating proof of concepts for customers using their hands-on experience with the product and integration stack.
- Building and maintaining a set of tools that enable developers to self-serve for most operational task.
- Defining and building enterprise platform tools.
- Build deployment pipeline which enable the development team to achieve rapid change.
- Providing guidance to development teams and coach / mentor developers and architects on the technical vision.
- Communicating efficiently and working together with an inter-disciplinary team.
- Expert knowledge and hands on experience in Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in working with CI/CD processes and tooling such as GitLab/GitHub, Jenkins etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef.
- Experience with orchestration tools (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Strong scripting abilities (Python, PowerShell, Bash)
- Strong Knowledge of Linux Administration (RHEL)
- Expert in Agile processes such as Scrum, Kanban - Project delivery experience within iterative and agile software development methodologies
- Writing and/or providing input to proposals.
- Ability to put delivery timescales implementation and cost estimates together based on proposed architecture / design and risks.
- Able to undertake and successfully gain SC level security clearance checks
- Design for non-functional requirements, including availability, scalability, portability, security, etc.
- Professional Certification in Amazon Web Services and /or Azure
- Knowledge of containerisation platform on Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS.
- Experience of Cloud Application platforms; RedHat Openshift Container Platform
- Experience in Test Driven Development and Test Automation
- Understanding of complex enterprise network and security in cloud environments (Direct Connect, VPN etc.)
- Current security clearance
- Network defence technologies (e.g. direct and reverse proxies, firewalls, etc.)
- Awareness and/or experience of designing / delivering multi-channel applications (including mobile devices)
This really is a great opportunity to join a global leader, so please apply now for more details!
To apply please click the “Apply” button and follow the instructions.
For a further discussion, please contact James Money on 01628 564327.
83zero Limited is a boutique consultancy specialising in IT Recruitment. We provide high quality interim and permanent senior IT professionals.