The Pre-Sales Consultant is responsible for ensuring technical close within the sales cycle and providing pre-sales technical/functional support to current and prospective customers. Enabling the company to drive revenue whilst maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
Reporting directly into the Sales Director, this position will be required to support end user sales teams across the UK & Ireland.
- Work as part of the services Sales team
- Engaging with customers to understand key technical, financial, operational and business issues
- Architect creative and innovative services solutions for clients complete with an outline of tangible financial benefits for this client directly resulting from services solutions
- Own the technical relationship with customers and focus on technical close
- Propose and demonstrate the company services core solution portfolio through the use of demo’s, white board, presentations, etc
- Participate in and manage “proof-of-concepts” activities complete with the agreement of success criteria and pre-requisites
- Develop specific areas of expertise as agreed with the Sales Director in addition to maintaining broad product skills and industry knowledge
- Substantial experience within IT services in roles such as administration, support or consultancy within a software / hardware vendor or commercial organisation
- Pre-Sales experience preferably within data or network related markets and ideally with the background of a degree level education
- Track record of success within Pre-Sales and achieving technical close
- Ability to pro-actively explore and develop new opportunities within existing clients to increase product line traction and provide incremental revenue
- Knowledge of tape drives, libraries, storage arrays, storage networking, networking protocols, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments
- A dynamic, fast paced individual who is motivated by success and takes the responsibility of owning issues to resolution
- Ability to participate in complex RFP / RFI client responses from submission to final bid meeting presentation
Unix / Linux (RedHat, HP UX, AIX or Solaris etc.)
Storage / Backup / Virtualisation
Please apply now for further details!