83zero is excited to be partnering with a global institution within the Engineering sector, who is looking for an IT Infrastructure Manager to join their team.
Our client strives to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
They are a top of the engineering tree, dealing with memberships from companies, institutions & charities around the world. A power house in the output of Engineering legislation worldwide!
As the IT Infrastructure Manager, you will be involved with highly important projects for our clients business and transform how their organisation operates.
You will be responsible for:
- Administer, configure, support, and maintain their infrastructure platforms.
- Identify opportunities to enhance and improve the technology services together with other departments.
- Provide support to stakeholders including staff and members.
- Ensure policies and procedures relating to the infrastructure and systems of the business is adhered to.
- Work closely with other colleagues to continually improve our relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working in a IT Infrastructure Manager or similar role, where you are taking care of an internal IT estate.
- Experience of delivering IT technical projects.
- Experience of providing third-line or last line support to a Microsoft Windows-based estate and acting as an escalation point for the Support Engineers in the team.
- Proven experience of administration, configuration and support in some of the following technologies:
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Networking WAN/LAN etc..
- Storage & Backup tools
- Virtualisation tools (VMware or Hyper-V etc…)
- Experience in managing and liaising with external and internal parties to deliver and support IT systems among others.
- A desire to learn and keep developing your own technical skills, but also to knowledge share with the team around you.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with non-technical staff over technical issues, as well as able to challenge very technical IT staff.
Ready to Apply?