Ideally based in London but will consider candidates based in the South of UK
£70-90k plus bonus and benefits
Our client is a global $4bn Data Services firm with a portfolio spanning Hardware (Data Centre, Storage) Cloud, Big Data, Analytics and IoT. Within their market leading Cloud Automation software solution, they are looking for an experienced enterprise Software Architects to lead and manage application modernization and development into public and private cloud environments. The ideal contributor will have a strong hands-on engineering background coupled with professional services delivery experience in major enterprises and a track record for partnering closely with customer teams to deliver successful engagements on-time and in-budget.
- Microservice and REST API design and development
- Domain Entity and Behavior Modeling, Design, and Implementation
- 3rd-party application, service and data integration
- Data Management, Mapping, Translation & Persistence
- Large-scale Data Management & Workflow
- Analytic development and automation
- Front End Application Development (Application Views & Controller)
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing enterprise applications in Java/J2EE
- Strong experience with middle-tier web services development (REST APIs preferred).
- Strong experience in delivering enterprise solutions with Spring framework using Spring Boot, JDBC, Security and MVC.
- Experience in developing reusable microservices and APIs using Sprint Boot Framework.
- Strong experience in RDBMS (PostgreSQL/MySQL/SQL/Oracle) with good knowledge of SQL/PL/pgSQL and ORM libraries (Hibernate).
- Hands on experience with messaging solutions such as Apache ActiveMQ, IBM MQ, TIBCO EMS and Rabbit MQ.
- Ability to work across all layers (full stack) of an application, from back-end databases through UI
- Ability to work with development teams to deliver high-quality software
- Extensive experience with automated unit, integration, and End-to-End testing (e.g. jUnit, DBUnit, mock objects, Selenium, etc.)
- Extensive experience with version control tools (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with build and deployment automation tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Agile / Scrum development methodology
- Excellent documentation habits
- Ability to write high-level agile stories based on customer needs and break them down into actionable technical tasks for team members.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and some of the most proven people in the Cloud space.