We are working with an exciting start-up software vendor who specialises in archiving and data management-based solutions.
Due to the demand for their product and services, they are now looking for a Java Software Engineer to join them on the next stage of their adventure, based in Reading!
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to have a major part and influence of our client’s way of working and product to shape the future of their business!
Your mission as a Java Software Engineer…
- Assist in the design and implementation of cloud-scale software components to meet business requirements within a cross-functional Agile Scrum team.
- Help guide less experienced team members towards solutions.
- Take responsibility for the continuous smooth operation of the software; helping to troubleshoot issues, refine and enhance existing features and enable upgrading to new versions.
- Write unit tested, documented and peer-reviewed code.
- Work with Product Managers and QA to ensure software is high quality and meets requirements.
- Work with Scrum master and participate and contribute to all Scrum ceremonies.
- Experience working in a role delivering software solutions to meet business requirements
- Strong experience working with Java within a Spring Framework
- Experience working with JUnit
- Experience working with Database tools such as MongoDB or Postgress
- A good understanding of Microservices
- Experience working within an Agile environment
Desirable, but not essential:
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes & CI/CD
- Automated Testing: Selenium, Cucumber and restAssured.
- Angular UI
- Elasticsearch & Solr
- Restful APIs (JAX-RS or Spring MVC)
Ready to apply?
If you are reading this job spec and am thinking ‘That sounds like me!’, then why are you still reading?!