Java Technical Lead / Architect – Permanent
Salary - Up to 90,000 pa + £5,300 car allowance + 10% Bonus + 10% Pension
Base Location – London (Some travel to UK customer sites and working from office/home locations as appropriate)
Our client, a leading digital transformation consultancy is looking for a Java Technical Lead to join their growing team. This is a great opportunity to be a key player within their Business & Platform Solutions division, where their pinpoint focus is on understanding their clients’ business industries and technologies. As the Java Technical Lead, you work closely with the Client, Business Analyst and Technology Leads to create specifications and design of applications to meet defined business and user needs.
- Providing technical leadership for developers & testers through all phases of application development.
- Managing agreed technical deliveries to definite timescales, providing updates to project delivery for allocated workstreams.
- Overseeing the creation and demonstration of proofs-of-concept for clients.
- Supporting the writing and providing input to bids and proposals.
- Taking responsibility for the build, test and support of code and tools that enable teams to self-serve for most operational tasks
- Assessing Automation opportunities and introduce these within the development/support team.
- Supporting Service Delivery Management across the portfolio of client accounts
- Solid experience of leading development teams, preferably in an Agile or DevOps environment.
- Extensive experience of Java EE applications development.
- Ability to put delivery timescales, implementation and cost estimates together based on proposed architecture and risks.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work with developers to overcome development and operational issues.
- Good communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams, promoting an open and collaborative culture.
- Experience of Relational Databases.
- Strong background in the development of RESTful Web Services.
- Able to gain SC level security clearance checks.
Essential Technology Experience
- Experience in JBoss EAP Server 6/7
- Knowledge of JBPM or other workflow technologies
- Spring MVC, Thymeleaf and JQuery
- Automated testing using SeleniumJUnit
- CI control using Jenkins
- Development/testing workflow management using JIRA
- Version control using Subverison
- Cucumber JVM/Gherkin (or similar BDD based technologies)
To apply please click the “Apply” button and follow the instructions. For a further discussion, please contact Lisa Foreman on 01628 569792. 83zero Limited is a boutique consultancy specialising in IT Recruitment. We provide high quality interim and permanent senior IT professionals.