Our client is an industry-leading software company based in Reading. Their SaaS solution helps organisations solve the challenges associated with safeguarding and preserving digital assets for decades into the future.
They have the technology, funding, experience, and capability to scale their business quickly.
They are growing to meet the needs of their expanding client base and to scale out their growth in the coming years and as a result, we are actively looking for someone who can lead our growing development team.
Their people are hands-on, entrepreneurial thinkers and doers. As a scaling start-up, you will be well supported by the open, approachable leadership team and given the freedom to deliver against the overall business goals.
Your ability to manage, and work within a team, engage and build relationships is a trait which comes naturally. You can quickly ascertain insights from stakeholder conversations and have a can-do approach and drive to push the innovation of the company forward.
- Acting as the point of escalation, you will be responsible for solving escalated issues from the 1st and 2nd line team members.
- You will also work closely with software engineering teams on fixing tricky technical issues and helping stop these issues from re-occurring
- To troubleshoot and resolve customer issues and questions, whilst maintaining an accurate task record in our helpdesk system (Zendesk and Jira)
- Proactively help resolve support tickets as required
We are looking for candidates with the following skills/experiences:
- Strong Linux experience – configuring OS level parameters, installing third party software and managing overall system health. Some knowledge of backing up critical configuration would be a plus.
- Python or other scripting languages - basic file handling operations, read/writing with some knowledge of performing http requests.
- Experience with maintaining Java applications - basic configuration parameters, basic understanding of the JVM and how to monitor/configure.
- Experience with both NoSQL and relational databases, MongoDB (using mongo to query databases would be a nice to have) and Postgres preferred - experience of querying them for data, structuring it and creating reports. Installation experience and knowledge of configuration options would be important also.
- Have interest in learning about current/new/future technologies to help the Company, customers, themselves, and their team.
- Be able to take ownership of a task or project to see it through to completion and to exceed expectations whenever possible.
- Good time management, able to manage/prioritise workload – completing tasks to customer’s satisfaction and meet Service Level Agreements where necessary.
- To be self-motivated, problem solver
Ready to Apply?
If you are reading through this advert and are thinking 'Wow, this sounds like me!', then why are you still reading?!