Lead Application Architect – Global IT Consultancy
£70,000 - £75,000 + £5,300 car allowance + 10% Bonus + 10% Pension
Our client, a leading Global IT Consultancy / Systems Integrator is looking for a Lead Application Architect to join their growing team. This is a great opportunity to be a key player within their Business & Platform Solutions division, where their pinpoint focus is on understanding our clients’ business industries and technologies.
Our Client is growing the capabilities of its UK Centre of Excellence, to work with our clients on the digital transformation journey. The Lead Application Architect will be a part of a multiple disciplinary team ensuring the accelerated establishment of a DevOps culture & capabilities across clients, as well as supporting more traditional applications development and support. You'll work alongside Senior DevOps engineers, cloud engineers and lead developers with to understand client requirements, propose solutions, oversee the implementation and then provide continued advice and mentorship to the delivery teams once up and running.
This role will involve a mixture of working from end client sites, UK Offices (London or Reading) and remote home working as required by the business. Regular travel to client sites anywhere within UK is expected. Flexible working arrangements will be available.
- A background in Development is essential
- Experienced in working with multiple patterns and languages and persistence mechanisms to deliver applications, making the appropriate technology decision to best suit the application requirements
- Proven experience in reviewing current application architectures, identifying ways that new technologies can replace or augment, decompose into manageable architectural components that can be delivered without impacting the legacy system
- Architecting applications using containers and orchestration technology to deliver modern 12 factor cloud native applications
- Experience in application security practices both in the crafting and development of applications.
- Recent experience in application mediation, in the form of APIs, API management and event driven architecture
- Understand client application portfolios and demonstrate how they could be improved upon.
- Support the writing and/or providing input to bid proposals to design application solutions that will make our teams and customers successful.
- Able to put delivery timescales implementation and cost estimates together based on proposed application architecture/design and risks.
- Responsible for application architecture for new applications that are being developed.
- Communicating efficiently and work together within a multi-disciplinary team, fostering the open and collaborative culture.
- Able to undertake and successfully gain SC level security clearance checks.
- Experience with Mobile technologies.
- Strong background in Agile/DevOps delivery in a scaled environment
- Comfortable delivering in waterfall mechanisms
To apply please click the “Apply” button and follow the instructions. For a further discussion, please contact Lisa Foreman on 01628 569792. 83zero Limited is a boutique consultancy specialising in IT Recruitment. We provide high quality interim and permanent senior IT professionals.