Location: Either London, Manchester, Bristol or Glasgow
£80k - Java, .NET core
My client is a dominating computer data storage company.
This new project is an exciting software platform that collates evidence from arrests made by the police and stores all forms of data in a highly sophisticated cloud platform.
They are building a brand-new project from the ground up and need some assistance from a very strong and experienced developer. This will be 100% hands on, and you will be very confident with both Java and .NET core.
Because of the sensitive nature of the data handling in this position you will need to be eligible for SC clearance.
- Strong background in commercial software development and architecture with Java and core .NET
- Good knowledge of NoSQL Databases (eg: Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Ability to work with development teams to program high-quality software
- Experience with AWS architectures, development, and deployment
- Agile / Scrum development methodology
- Excellent documentation habits
Any of the following would be very useful:
- Image handling and expertise with imaging pipeline skills, e.g. OpenCV, FFMPEG
- Good Knowledge of data structures and video codec formats.
- Ability to work across all layers (full stack)
- Experience managing applications in AWS and EC2, S3, RDS, etc.
- Some experience in MoviePy
- SQL, R, Spark or similar tools
- automation tools like Puppet, Chef, and Ansible