This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an industry leading System Integrator and award-winning Gold member of the Microsoft Partner network. The Operations Engineer will be working in a team at the heart of the IT delivery organisation.
The successful candidate will be fully flexible and ideally have experience of working in a large outsource service environment. The applicant will be highly motivated in managing the delivery of services, solutions and operations.
*The Operations Bridge is a 24/7/ 365 days function which will include shift work*
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Management of Major Incidents and ensures effective interface to all associated processes (Major Incident Reporting, RCA, Problem Management, Knowledge Management)
- Ownership and development of Operational Playbooks to drive swift resolution of major incidents
- Ability to own and run executive communications
- Facilitates the planning of all out of hours Change activity, ensuring effective communication, time planning, and preventing change or Business conflict.
- Provide formal signoff for changes at planning stage
- Prior to start of day, ensures that all Business-Critical services are available and performing, through effective alignment with Service Desk and all support teams
- Empowered to make technical decisions to the benefit of the Authority
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers/ partners to organise the efficient supply of services within agreed contractual terms
- Drive continuous improvement and proactive problem management for key IT systems
- Work with operational teams and the Authority to identify case studies for automation and assist with implementation.
Key skills required:
- Good technical knowledge across technology towers
- Delivery Management
- Strong customer communication skills
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Able to interact with clients and deal with the challenges presented by a strong client with a high degree of technical expertise
- Managing of Major Incidents, providing leadership to resolution and clear communications throughout
- Able to lead teams and drive activities within tight timeframes
- Methodical approach with good attention to detail
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Root Cause Analysis
- Working under pressure and to tight time scales
Please apply now for more details!