The Project Manager will support the Management Team in developing and prioritising the Project Portfolio roadmap. You will be responsible for establishing the PMO and then leading, co-ordinating and managing the agreed Portfolio of projects to ensure current and future projects are delivered in line with best practice project management techniques appropriate to the type and scale of project and enabling the identified business benefit.
This is a great opportunity to not only be involved in managing projects of varying scales, but also helping to set up the PMO and future roadmap.
- Provide high quality, evaluative thinking and evidence formed analysis and advice to the Management and IT Steering Board to support decision-making and approval of programmes and project for inclusion in the portfolio
- Ensure that portfolio planning provides the strategic outcomes for the business
- Manage the resources e.g., Business Analysts who are either directly employed or contractors, plus 3rd party providers
- Support and guide resources to deliver high quality outputs
- Liaise with senior management, suppliers, and key stakeholders at all levels
- Planning and designing the portfolio, proactively monitoring its progress, managing interdependencies, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Engage with the senior managers to establish their needs and provide integrated solutions on the management of their projects / programmes
- Assure the overall integrity and coherence of the portfolio, ensuring portfolio activities contribute to the value of the organisation and enablement of benefits from all programmes and projects
- Provide a strategic overview of all programmes, projects and interdependencies, reporting anomalies or areas of concern to the IT Steering Board
- Identifying resourcing needs and managing the allocation of appropriate resources and skills within the portfolio
- Set direction, priorities and expectations for direct repots and agree the objectives, work packages and performance
- Be an active member of the IT Senior Leadership team
- Demonstrated strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills, coupled with experience of managing Programmes and Portfolios
- Understand the wider objectives of the portfolio and have credibility within the environment and be able to influence others
- Knowledge of portfolio and project management methods including MSP and PRINCE2
Please apply now for further information!