Principal Architect – BI / Analytics
Our client are the most exciting Business Intelligence Software Vendors transforming the global market. They have been sharply focused on making the analytic workflow experience for users easier, but at the same time giving them greater power to explore and find insights in data.
They work with the biggest brands across all sectors and due to the ongoing success in the EMEA region they are looking for a Principal Architect to be the lead technical individual within the UK PS team.
The Principal Solution Architect (PSA) is the Principal level Architect in the Professional Services Delivery team. At this level it is expected that the incumbent will be highly experienced as a Consultant/Architect, and proficient at end-to-end Solution Architecture and Customer engagement. The Professional Services Delivery team are the post-sales implementers of our clients solutions, and therefore highly customer-facing. In this role, the incumbent will be expected to spend around 30% of their time on-site with customers or dealing with customers in some way.
The PSA owns the end-to-end customer relationship for a Region, and manages the engagement to provide technical expertise, consulting on their integration and best practices.
The PSA also owns the training and mentoring of the rest of the Regional Professional Services team and assists the Management team as necessary.
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of our clients products
- Conduct Discovery exercises at customer sites, build detailed implementation plans, and coordinate the delivery of the solution
- Generate Pre-Engagements Brief and Post Engagement Summaries for customers
- Provide ad-hoc onsite customer training
- Generate SOWs (Statement of Work) and Document final solutions for customers
- Help identify trends, training needs and new programs / services
- Own the customer relationship in strategic accounts for a given Region
- Assist Practice Managers, Professional Services Management and Sales with specific scoping or technical / guidance in pre-sales discussions
- Lead Technical enablement activities for Region, including hosting training and development sessions and disseminating information such as lunch and learn, white papers, technical workshops
- Experience of working with enterprise scale BI software such as SAS, Microsoft, Tableau, Qlik, Sisence, Salesforce, Oracle, Microstrategy etc.
- Several years’ experience in a Consulting or PS Delivery role in related industry
- Experience of owning customer engagements end-to-end and/or Project Management
- Bachelor's Degree with communication, technical or business focus preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Knowledge of databases, warehouses, business intelligence systems and data analysis tools
- Experience managing application integration, database and ETL knowledge and SQL familiarity
- Extensive Database skills (at least one of the following)- DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, Amazon RedShift, SAP HANA, Exasol or similar
- Operating system skills – Windows (required), Linux (desired)
- Experience in User Management solutions, e.g. Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience in Cloud Solutions - e.g. AWS
- Programming Languages (desired) – Python, R, Java
Our client has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Their culture is casual and high-energy. They are passionate about their product and their mission.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a strategic part of this market leading software vendor within the UK.