Senior Java Developer
Our client is a global messaging solutions provider and due to growth, they are seeking the skills and experience of a Senior Java Developer.
Based in Reading this a permanent opportunity with a chance to join a highly successful Agile team delivering world class software solutions whilst partnering with major blue-chip organisations.
With a salary of up to £65k per annum + benefits this role offers a fantastic working environment and career opportunities.
You will be responsibilities developing new product features and new applications within a brown field and new green field environment.
Whilst delivering high quality code that is maintainable and readable you will also investigate and resolve issues within the product portfolio. You will also produce clean and testable code helping the organisations move towards TDD.
We are looking for do’ers and deliverers who strive to continuously improve the development process.
You must possess 2 of the following:
- Demonstrate competence (5+ years) in object-oriented analysis, design and coding in a Java server-side environment
- Demonstrate competence (5+ years) developing telecommunication applications in Java for Linux/Unix. Windows environments using appropriate network protocols and services is option though desirable
- Demonstrate competence (5+ years) designing and developing services for high demand/throughput, high concurrency and thread safety
Must have experience:
- Design and implement systems that use relational databases
- Great understanding of network communications like TCP, Sockets, HTTP (verbs, auth, etc)
- Great understanding of network security
- Demonstrate an understanding and awareness of service-oriented principles
- Experience on Dev Ops as an approach to producing maintainable, supportable systems
- Experience of full development lifecycle including change control, continuous integration, Maven
- Experience of developing software for deployment in containers (particularly Docker)
- Experience of developing software that uses Kafka
- Understanding of environment virtualization
- Understanding of Web Application development