We are working with one of the world’s leading Open Source Software company who are going through an exciting period of growth and are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join their team in London.
Our client pride themselves on their adaptable and cutting-edge technology, which is changing the way businesses across the world connect their processes and ideas to make right decisions. This is an exciting opportunity for a experienced Software Engineer to join a team of passionate coders, who love to share knowledge, solve tricky issues and work together to create an amazing product.
- You will be responsible for developing, as part of the team, high quality products with an excellent developer experience.
- Be part of the team’s agile working practices to deliver high quality software (Planning, Standups, Demos, Retros, Code Reviews, TDD)
- Documents their work as needed and agreed in the acceptance criteria or team’s shared commitments
- Follow the technical standards and shared team commitments
- Participates in hackathons and innovation
- Contributes technical and products ideals to the team and Product Owner/Product Manager
- Questions choices in a constructive and respectable manner
- Ensures swift customer problems and helps ask technical questions as part of the escalation processes
- Contributes to our Open Source community code, examples, and answers in the community forums as directed by the team lead.
What you've got...
- Experience building web applications using Java
- Working knowledge of Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience using techniques such as DDD and TDD
- Awareness of test automation frameworks Like WebDriver of JUnit
- Awareness or exposure to Microservices
- Any cloud experience with AWS would be beneficial, but not essential
- A desire to work in a term environment with an understanding of Scrum or XP practices and a bias for Continuous Delivery
- An ability to get stuff done, driven to see your team succeed
- If you can show experience of previous open-source software development, this would be advantageous
- Knowledge of agile or scrum practices.
- A desire to want to be part of something big while always learning new technologies.
Ready to Apply?
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join a global leading organisation, where you can make an impact to a growing team and business.
Want to learn more? Then why are you still reading?!