Senior SQL Consultant / Technical Consultant
Our client are one of the most innovative and leading ‘Intelligent Automation’ Services Companies in the UK today. Specialising in modern workspace and digital transformation this remarkable organisation are embarking on substantial and continuous growth, whilst delivering ground breaking business solutions.
You will be working for an organisation who are at the forefront of Automation and modern day technology, a company with an unparalleled commitment to their employees whilst delivering world class IT Services to their customers.
Head Quartered in Reading, offering a state of the art working environment, coupled with excellent salary and benefits, our client are truly the career changing opportunity for you.
Technical Presales to identify organisations’ business requirements including:
- Business requirement capture
- Work other Technical Consultants, Project Office and Vendors to develop specific solutions for Customer requirements
- Assist with the creation of formal bid responses and with the delivery of bid presentations
Technical consultancy for related SQL project definition and delivery as required including:
- Creation of SQL transformation / migration strategies, plans and technical programmes of change for Customers
- Take a lead role in the design and delivery of complex database transformation / migration projects
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to Junior Consultants as required
Support SQL database transformation / migration initiatives including:
- Work closely with the Solutions Architects / Principal Architects to support new/existing SQL Business initiatives
- Assist with the delivery of Advisory Services and Services propositions
- Assist with the selection and evaluation of new technical products and related tools
- Assist with the definition of engagement strategies for data transformation / migration and the delivery of associated services
· In depth knowledge of SQL Server 2017 - 2005.
· Fair knowledge on Windows clustering - Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 and Windows 2012 R2.
· Deep technical knowledge/experience on SQL High Availability/Disaster Recovery solutions.
· Practical experience troubleshooting performance problems, query tuning and optimization.
· Experience with SQL Server Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services.
· Fair knowledge/experience of Microsoft Azure with an emphasis on data technologies (SQL Database, DocumentDB, SQL Data Warehouse, Data Factory, Tables Storage)
· Experience in projects covering at least 3 of the following subject areas:
o database migration to SQL Server
o Database migration to Azure SQL Database
o Developing with SQL Server
o Implementing Data Models
o Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) solutions
o reporting dashboards
o Power BI
o Big Data
o Advanced Analytics
If this role is of interest to you and you wish to discuss further, then please contact David Eales.