Senior Test Engineer (Permanent) - Thames Valley
Salary: £65,000pa - £75,0000pa
25 Days Holiday per Year Holiday (Buy & Sell Scheme for up to 5 Days), Cash Plan for Healthcare including Optical & Dental, Access to Private GP, £28 per Month Towards Your Gym Membership, Cycle to Work Scheme up to £1000 Loan and many more.
Our client is a leading global software company embarking on their new Artificial Intelligence programme to enhance their existing impressive product suite.
You will be responsible to help grow their test automation practise and implement a significant impact to both the company and their product suite.
So, if you have a passion for high quality software, hold strong engineering standards and present meticulous problem-solving skills then keep on reading…
- To lead test automation implementation and provide guidance on testing approaches and processes for new feature development
- Offer development of new tests and tools for frontend, backend APIs and services
- Design automated tests to perform reliably and efficiently in CI/CD environments
- Create test plans for new features and steer the team to ensure test coverage based on the test plan
- Identify test gaps in the security and scalability of the product and prioritize adding coverage based on areas of risk
- Participate in test pipeline triage rotation and ensure that pipeline failures are triaged in a timely manner
- Refine and prune tests to ensure optimal coverage and effective deduplication
- Work with the product team and other development teams to understand how new features should be tested and then engage them in contributing automated tests
- Strive for the fastest feedback possible. Test parallelization should be a top priority
- Analyse complex software systems and collaborate with others to improve the overall design, testability and quality
- Identify, champion and drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability applicable to the challenge of distributed systems
- Mentor and coach other engineers to scale the practise of Quality Assistance, defining and implement mechanisms to inject testing earlier into the software development process
- Strong Experience with GIT
- Experience using automation tools such as Cypress or Postman
If you have read through this job description and are saying to yourself 'That’s me!’, then we want to hear from you!
What are you still reading for? APPLY NOW!