SOC Analyst – Permanent – Global Leader in IT Digital Services
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + Shift Allowance Bonus (25% of Annual Salary)
Benefits: 25 days Annual Leave, Private Medical, Pension (up to 10%), Life Assurance, Income Protection etc.
Our client, a global digital transformation consultancy, are looking for a SOC Specialist to join their growing team. You will work within a 24x7 SOC operational support environment, incorporating a tiered security model across a range of security support functions. As the SOC Analyst, your primary focus will be monitoring customer environments to detect and respond to any information security threats.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing Cyber Security Team and work for a global leader within digital transformation.
- Monitoring and investigating attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity
- Determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents
- Installing security measures and operating software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs
- Performing tests, uncovering network vulnerabilities, and fixing detected vulnerabilities
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working within a Security Operations Centre
- The ability to gain SC clearance and Office for Nuclear Regulation clearance
- Solid understanding of cyber security risks associated with various technologies and how to manage them
- Experience of vulnerability and threat assessment
- Excellent working knowledge of various security technologies e.g. network and application firewalls, anti-virus, host intrusion prevention etc
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members
- Experience in the following technologies:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) – experience with NetIQ Sentinel or McAfee is an advantage
- Network IDS / IPS Management and Support – experience with McAfee or Sourcefire IDS/IPS solutions is an advantage
- Web Application Firewalls (WAF) – experience with Imperva or F5 products is an advantage
- Applicants must be able to work on a rotation shift pattern
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please do send your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org