This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading Big Data & Analytics provider who work with clients across Retail, FMCG, Healthcare and Media.
They are now looking for a creative and technical person to join a virtual team developing high-end data warehouse solutions delivered through Microsoft SQL Server.
You will have experience with, or keen to understand and develop OLAP modelling skills. You will be expected to work with clients to define the scope and requirements of BI solutions and deliver quality solutions.
Main role responsibilities
- Learn about the company BI delivery platform as well as the other OLAP technologies utilised
- Technical Specifications, implementation & technical documentation
- To work as part of a team with the Project Manager in ensuring on time and quality delivery of the Development project
- Defining processes to read and standardise data within relational databases
- Build robust ETL processes that require minimal support and intervention
- Develop reporting schema and user-friendly reporting environments
- Analysing data sets
Skills and Experience Required
- Knowledge of relational database technology and ETL
- Knowledge of dimensional design/OLAP/Business Intelligence preferred (e.g. Microsoft BI work stack or equivalent)
- Design & development within a data warehouse environment
- Strong SQL and query scripting skills – Oracle DB, SQL, PL/SQL
- Good Unix scripting skills
- Knowledge of Apache and programming languages such as Perl, Python, Java
- Understanding of OLAP / used OLAP tools
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2008/16 management tools, building stored procedures using TSQL, scheduling jobs, creating robust SSIS packages is essential
- Any experience with Hadoop/other Big Data technologies is desirable
- Data warehouse principles and techniques; Star Schema and Kimble is desirable
If you are an experienced BI professional looking to develop your career, please apply now!