Technical Support Team Leader (Application Support)
You will be working as part of a highly important critical team, to deliver exceptional technical support to a customer base.
The team has responsibility for all technical post sales activity at both 1st and 2nd line level, supporting 300+ customers, across multiple platforms and platform versions.
You will be supporting the Technical Support Manager with trend analysis and proactive continual improvement of the Support function
To support the Technical Support Manager with reviewing design of new core service with a supportability and customer implementation focus
Key skills and experience include:
- Good working knowledge of web/internet applications and their structure
- Technical understanding of relational databases and application protocols
- Evidenced experience of conducting business analysis activity
- Technical and system documentation
- Technical application experience (Eg. SQL Server/T-SQL)
- Technical skills using multiple operating systems (Eg, Windows 2008 server, 2012 server, Windows 7 & 8 etc)
- Responding to customer queries (calls, emails, work requests) and then logging and taking action, accordingly, including prioritisation and compliance with customer SLA’s
- Responding to system generated alerting, including the utilisation of a range of investigation and resolution activities
- Triage of incidents and intelligent escalation where appropriate
- Root cause analysis where appropriate, Eg:
- Reviewing system log files / Understanding and searching SQL code (or other tools as appropriate) / Analysis of data within Excel (or other tools as appropriate)
- Updating customer communications and documentation, Eg:
- Emails / Change log / Incident log / Tickets / Work requests / Internal team processes
- Administrative activities for provisioning and support customer environments, Eg:
- Create new customer web ports or network level data connections / Regression testing of new implementations and changes / Changing message routing o Custom reports / Maintaining customer & supplier information
Cover the on-call rota as required our services are 24x7x365 (normal pattern is 2 days in 8, but this may vary when there is a need for additional cover) This all remote support – no need to go in to the office whilst on call.