UX / Interaction Designer – Contract outside IR35 - Manchester
Duration – 6 months with long extension available
£475 per day D.O.E
4 days a week in Manchester, 1 day remote (moving out to more flexible arrangement after trust has been built and value recognised)
We are looking for experienced UX / Interaction Designer for a long-term contract outside IR35, with a key client of ours based in Manchester, Salford Quays near Media City.
This is an amazing opportunity for an UX / Interaction Designer who relishes the thought of working in a multi-disciplinary team and using a user-centred design approach. Desire to make a positive difference to other people’s lives by helping to design the way the welfare system interacts with all, using the most modern UX design environments, tools and latest technologies.
- As an Interaction Designer you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of user needs and design services (including interfaces and transaction flows) that meet them.
- Experience working within the Government Digital Service (GDS) - Knowledge and hands on experience with Service Standards and Design Patterns.
- Comfortable with the GDS front-end tool kit, Heroku prototype
- Ability to create your own design patterns if the GDS design patterns are not suitable based on their user needs
- Ability to clearly demonstrate/evidence where you have used a User Centred Design approach to your work.
- You will have a credible track record of defining elements – layout, design patterns, controls, actions and visual priorities (what needs to be obvious, what needs to be easy, and what needs to be made possible).
- Recent experience of working from a digital perspective as well as sketching, prototyping and iterative design.
- Ability to provide examples of Iterated (Agile / Scrum) design solutions based on design hypotheses that came out of researched User needs and understanding the problem space.
- Able to demonstrate strong design leadership
- You will be willing to roll up your sleeves to play an active part in the department’s Product Design community.
- You will be comfortable working in a cross-functional team to turn concepts into user-centred services.
- You will ideally have a design-related degree and experience of working on designs with a software engineer
To apply please click the “Apply” button and follow the instructions.
For a further discussion, please contact Lisa Foreman at 83Zero
83zero Consulting Limited is a boutique consultancy specialising in DATA| ITSM | Agile within the UK. We provide high quality interim and permanent senior IT professionals.